Stickers are POS

General discussions and topics

Stickers are POS

Postby kredman » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:43 pm

I bought this cube at the store a couple of weeks ago to keep around the office, and I probably solve it about 20 times a day or so. After a week, the clear plastic started to come off, and it was irritating to solve. Since those came off, the color layers are now fading fast and are becoming almost faded completely. I bought a set of stickers to replace these, but with the cost of the cube and those stickers, I could have easily bought a better diy one with better action. Oh well, lesson learned. This will be my last rubik's brand cube purchase.

cube1.jpg
cube1.jpg (42.53 KiB) Viewed 1565 times

cube2.jpg
cube2.jpg (36.37 KiB) Viewed 1565 times
kredman

Re: Stickers are POS

Postby borginator2 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:18 am

Try cubesmith. They make tiles as well as stickers. Some people like the smooth tiles, I prefer the textured. Most people I know that've tried both prefer textured. They cost about $5 - $6 for a set plus $2 shipping. Shipping is free if you spend more than $15. Well worth it. They don't break, fall off, peel or wear.
Please take off topic discussion off this forum. Thanks.
borginator2

Postby kredman » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:55 pm

borginator2 wrote:Try cubesmith. They make tiles as well as stickers. Some people like the smooth tiles, I prefer the textured. Most people I know that've tried both prefer textured. They cost about $5 - $6 for a set plus $2 shipping. Shipping is free if you spend more than $15. Well worth it. They don't break, fall off, peel or wear.

That's exactly where I ordered some from- thanks for the response.
kredman

Postby borginator2 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:45 pm

Did you go for stickers or try the tiles?
borginator2

Postby kredman » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:25 pm

I actually bought both. Thought I'd see which I like better.
kredman

Postby borginator2 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:19 pm

Sounds good. Textured, smooth or both? I have 2 cubes with smooth tiles, and about 20 with textured (several 3x3s and 4x4s, a couple of 5x5s, a 6x6, a 7x7, a 2x2, a helicopter cube, a windmill cube (I cut those from tile material), axis cube (also self cut), 2x3x3, 4x3x3, and a hexagonal dipyramind (self cut)).

I have a few puzzles with cubesmith stickers, which are good, but I'd rather have tiles anyday.
borginator2

Return to General Rubik's Discussion