What to do in this situation?

Discussion about methods, times, and all things related to solving the Rubik's brand products.

What to do in this situation?

Postby hellish73 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:44 pm

What would I do in this situation. I have just started learning F2L today (Fridrich) and I have solved all the other sides except for red green. I didn't understand the instructions :
    FR: [U'] (R U R' U2) (R U' R')
    FL: [Dw'] (L U L' U'2) (L U' L')
    BR: [Dw'] (R U R' U2) (R U' R')
    BL: [U'] (L U L' U'2) (L U' L')

hellish73

Re: What to do in this situation?

Postby borginator2 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:08 pm

I would normally drop that corner into the slot below with the white on the same face (U'L'UL, I think, if we call the red face L for this example). Then I would rotate the Up face so that red green edge is above the green centre (U). Then I would do L'U'L. This would pair them and make for a nice easy slot in (U2FU'F').

There's probably an easier way...
Please take off topic discussion off this forum. Thanks.
borginator2

Postby Sharkretriver » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:12 pm

You're trying to use an algorithm to solve that case. I recommend you learn intuitive F2l first, because once you understand the concept it's a lot easier (and faster)
I would move the corner piece back, join the edge to the corner, and then insert.
What FL/FR/BL/BR mean is the slot that you are inserting that pair into.

tl;dr learn intuitive f2l.
lol, here to help ^_~
Sharkretriver

Postby brriii » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:14 am

Sharkretriver wrote:You're trying to use an algorithm to solve that case. I recommend you learn intuitive F2l first, because once you understand the concept it's a lot easier (and faster)
I would move the corner piece back, join the edge to the corner, and then insert.
What FL/FR/BL/BR mean is the slot that you are inserting that pair into.

tl;dr learn intuitive f2l.

I agree. I've been cubing around 1 and a half years and still haven't resorted to any algorithms. I think I'll start looking into them soon, though.
brriii

Return to Speedcubing