Just can't go ahead of this method

Discuss solutions, provide links to sites with solutions

Just can't go ahead of this method

Postby TheCube777 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:15 pm

I know how to solve a rubiks cube by the guide given at rubiks.com
My highest is 30.75 secs
However I try this method and I don't understand how to orient the corners...
This step alters the corners so they are all in the right place, but not necessarily in the right orientation, like this:
Image This is just an example - your corners may be in a different orientation once you've done this.

First thing to do is to examine your cube and see if there are any corners that are already in the right place, e.g. the red, blue and yellow one in the picture above. It's in the right place, just not the right way around. If there are, make sure you hold it in the bottom right corner of the top face when you apply the algorithm - but don't move the top layer, move the whole cube to put it there. If there aren't any correct, you can apply the algorithm when the cube is held in any way (yellow face on top of course).
The algorithm is this:
U R U' L' U R' U' L
Some people (including myself) prefer to think of this as the top face, the right side away, the top face back again, the left side away, top side back again, right side towards, top side back again, left side towards. After the algorithm, the corner cubies (except the one in the bottom right - your possibly correct one) will have changed around. If they still aren't all correct, keep applying the algorithm until it is. If you started with one correct, you'll only have to do this algorithm twice. If you didn't, it may take more.

My Question is what face will be my front face in this situation? I think it's there is this but I am not getting it. Anybody can explain me this??
The whole solution is here :http://www.solve-the-cube.com
TheCube777

Re: Just can't go ahead of this method

Postby borginator2 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:06 pm

I'm not entirely sure what they're doing there. I suggest that if you're a 30 second person already, you should look at 2-look OLL and 2-look PLL.
Please take off topic discussion off this forum. Thanks.
borginator2

Postby Sharkretriver » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:20 pm

Wow, if using the Rubik's method (LBL) you can get 30 seconds, then using CFOP method, which is close, you can get 15 to 20 seconds? What's your average? (Averages are more reliable than bests)

I suggest you start learning CFOP method, since once you get the hang of it it'll be awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EYPXTetHX4 this is what I used, and not for the impatient.
Good luck!
lol, here to help ^_~
Sharkretriver

Postby Zeotor » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:44 pm

TheCube777 wrote:My Question is what face will be my front face in this situation?

Doing U R U' L' U R' U' L affects the top layer. It moves three corners around in counterclockwise direction. If you do U R U' L' U R' U' L to the cube in the picture the way that it is, only the yellow layer will be affected. The Red/Blue/Yellow corner won't move.
Zeotor

Postby TheCube777 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:09 am

You all are right, I am just wasting time with this method C F2L OLL PLL is better. But I don't understand do you really have to learn 42 algorithms?
TheCube777

Postby borginator2 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:45 pm

Full OLL and PLL are nearer 100. 2-look OLL is 7 plus about 2 for the cross. 2-look PLL is 2 algs for the corners and 4 for the edges.
Please take off topic discussion off this forum. Thanks.
borginator2

Postby Sharkretriver » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:36 pm

TheCube777 wrote:You all are right, I am just wasting time with this method C F2L OLL PLL is better. But I don't understand do you really have to learn 42 algorithms?

Ah, the minimum is:
C: none
F2L: none (learn intuitive F2L, then learn algorithms for it after you're about 25 seconds)
OLL: 1 (F R U R' U' F') to make the cross, and another, called sune (R U R' U R U2 R') for orienting corners. Note that you may need to use sune around 3 times before all corners are oriented.
PLL: 1 algorithm called U-Perm for the edges, and another called A-Perm for the corners.

2+2=4 algorithms
That is the minimal amount! (Cmon, 4 algorithms is barely anything, just get the F2L started)
Good luck!

P.S. If you're solving the cross on top, change it so that you solve it on the bottom. It can shed 1 to 3 seconds off your time depending on how long it takes you to flip the cube over for F2L.
lol, here to help ^_~
Sharkretriver

Return to Solutions