help me about zb method

Discussion about methods, times, and all things related to solving the Rubik's brand products.

help me about zb method

Postby tahsin549 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:55 pm

Hey everyone , i've learnt the fridrich method , now i want to try something new , thinking about trying zb method . so , can you give any helpful tutorial/site/video for learning zb method ?
tahsin549

Re: help me about zb method

Postby Sharkretriver » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:34 pm

Well, what's your time on Fridrich method? I say that it is NOT worth learning ZB until your times are consistently below 14 seconds. Someone who did when they were around 13 seconds only improved to 12 seconds. This is because case recognition on ZB is extremely hard to do quickly.

For the Fridrich method, do you know:
-Full OLL/PLL. Even if you do, you might as well make sure you can perform every PLL in under 3 or 4 seconds.
-F2l tricks, such as working corner/edge, maybe even some algorithms. http://jmbaum.110mb.com/f2l.htm
-How to do cross on bottom in less than 8 moves on average?

If you want to learn something new, how about becoming colour neutral? Or you can learn one handed cubing (usually for 3x3x3 only), blindfold 3x3x3/4x4x4/multiblind/etc, or even a blockbuilding method such as Roux. :3
lol, here to help ^_~
Sharkretriver

Postby TheScottRubiks » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:14 am

im having a hard time Learning the fridrich method no tut help
TheScottRubiks

Postby Sharkretriver » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:34 pm

TheScottRubiks wrote:im having a hard time Learning the fridrich method no tut help

You might as well be more specific and state what part it is that you're having trouble with and which tutorials you used.
To learn this method, I used MeMyselfandPi's tutorial and Monkeydude1313's tutorial to learn F2L, and the basics of OLL and PLL. I then learned 2-look OLL and 2-look PLL from Monkeydude1313.
lol, here to help ^_~
Sharkretriver

Return to Speedcubing