Can you guys help me out with these terms?

Discuss solutions, provide links to sites with solutions

Can you guys help me out with these terms?

Postby TheScottRubiks » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:33 pm

Ok so let me start here. I here people saying Oll, Fll, LL Skips, and a lot of other stuff like that, and I do not know what they meen by that so can you guys help me out :?: If you know a website were i can learn how to do Oll, Fll or skips(If they are something you learn or do) please let me know! Also please reply telling me what it is. Ok thank you for your help.

P.S I use the white cross way of finishing the cube. :)
TheScottRubiks

Re: Can you guys help me out with these terms?

Postby Sharkretriver » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:36 am

Saying white cross is not enough for me to know what your method is. Do you know what F2L/OLL and PLL are?
If you don't, you can stop reading this post and search up the Fridrich method on YouTube--it's really cool and can speed up your time.

Otherwise: (warning, terms may become more advanced)
F2L, OLL, PLL skip just mean that the step has been skipped. People don't usually say F2L skip because how can you skip two layers when the cube is properly scrambled? Usually I'd say a "free pair" meaning that a pair has already been paired up for you after you insert another one or finish the cross. Using multislotting (you might as well learn this when you reach 20 seconds or less), you can increase chances of free pairs.

PLL skips can somewhat be done using COLL or ZBLL. In my opinion, ZBLL is not worth learning until you're around the 12 second mark or less.
OLL skips can be increased using F2LL or ZBF2L or VH or even MGLS. All these additional "features" (COLL/ZBLL/F2LL, etc) require more algs to memorize so you might as well learn all of your 21 PLLs and 57 OLLs first.
lol, here to help ^_~
Sharkretriver

Postby Zeotor » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:08 am

Sharkretriver wrote:Do you know what F2L/OLL and PLL are?
If you don't, you can stop reading this post and search up the Fridrich method on YouTube--it's really cool and can speed up your time.

Also, for definitions without a demonstration, see here.
Zeotor

Postby Kitjai26 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:41 pm

TheScottRubiks wrote:.... I here people saying Oll, Fll, LL Skips, and a lot of other stuff like that, and I do not know what they meen by that so can you guys help me out :?: ..... Also please reply telling me what it is. Ok thank you for your help.

P.S I use the white cross way of finishing the cube. :)

I'm assuming you're referring to OLL, F2L, and PLL? If so, they mean:
F2L = First 2 Layers
OLL = Orientation of Last Layer
PLL = Permutation of Last Layer
FL = First Layer
LL = Last Layer

F2L, OLL, and PLL are steps in the Fridrich Method of solving the cube. You can easily do a search via the internet to find videos and tutorials to teach you those solving methods. I've never heard of FLL. So I'm assuming you meant F2L instead. And what do you mean by the "white cross way of finishing the cube"? Can you elaborate? Do you mean that you solve each side via cross first and then solve the corners?
Kitjai26

Return to Solutions