Best place to buy a 5x5 cube.

General discussions and topics

Best place to buy a 5x5 cube.

Postby Liams » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:11 am

Hi.

I am looking to buy a 5x5 cube. I bought my 2x2 and 3x3 from the store here. Then after solving them, decided to get a 4x4 cube, which I got from House of Fraser. I only got it from here because the price was overall a lot cheaper incl. postage, and it is a genuine cube.

Now I am looking at getting a 5x5 cube. I have been reading on here that the best cube to get seems to be the Dayan. What about the Eastsheen is that any good. Obviously quality and build is important.

Where is the best place to get the Dayan. I am in the UK, is it possible to get one from a store or online store here. Or any other make of 5x5 that is easy to get from UK.
If not from UK, then where is recommended.

Thanks in advance for any info or help.

Liam
Liams

Re: Best place to buy a 5x5 cube.

Postby borginator2 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:00 pm

I'm from the UK. I own Rubiks, Eastsheen, V-Cubes and QJ branded 5x5 cubes. And I'd recommend them in that order reversed. :D
Please take off topic discussion off this forum. Thanks.
borginator2

Postby Sharkretriver » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:22 pm

Shengshou's a good brand; it's starting to become the "Dayan of the Bigcubes". I'm not sure about QJ but I have a QJ pyraminx and it's great.
lol, here to help ^_~
Sharkretriver

Postby Zeotor » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:47 pm

A DaYan 5x5 has not been made.

There are online stores where you can get the types of 5x5s that have been mentioned. You'll have to use Google (or something like that) to find them.
Zeotor

Postby Liams » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:58 am

borginator2 wrote:I'm from the UK. I own Rubiks, Eastsheen, V-Cubes and QJ branded 5x5 cubes. And I'd recommend them in that order reversed. :D

Yeah. I watched one of your tutorials. Very good tutorials, was easy to follow. The 3x3 tutorial. The cube you you use in that video. What was the make.

My 3x3 original cube I bought from here, is already starting to get loose. So, I will need to update that soon as well.

Thanks for the info.

Liam
Liams

Postby borginator2 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:08 am

Not sure. I own lots of cubes. I have several rubiks, a few diyans, and several by other brands. If you can point me at the vid you saw, I might be able to name the cube.
borginator2

Postby Liams » Sat May 04, 2013 10:41 am

borginator2 wrote:Not sure. I own lots of cubes. I have several rubiks, a few diyans, and several by other brands. If you can point me at the vid you saw, I might be able to name the cube.

Yeah. This was the video you posted, from this forum on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACmeiOx7Vyc

What's the cube you use there.

I found a 5x5 Dayan on the Puzl store. I might get this or push the boat out and get a 5x5 V-Cube from same place. Just want to get one that is durable.

Thanks

Liam
Liams

Postby borginator2 » Sat May 04, 2013 2:23 pm

It's a black "competition standard speed cube" from puzl. I don't think they sell them anymore, but I think they still sell a white version.
borginator2

Postby Liams » Sat May 04, 2013 3:40 pm

Cheers.

They have a Dayan sale at Puzl. the 5x5 is at a good price, will get that I think. May also get a new 3x3.

I'm not a speedcuber, as I have limited function in my right hand due to an accident I had. I am quadriplegic, I have the full function in my left hand. This makes it hard to go at any speed or use my fingers to flick the sides.

Thanks for the info

Liam
Liams

Return to General Rubik's Discussion