Help to find opposite colors

General discussions and topics

Help to find opposite colors

Postby dancaer69 » Tue May 14, 2013 7:25 am

Hello,
Recently I get a 4x4 cubic which hasn't the stadard colors(basicaly has black instead of white). The colors are:
black, blue, orange, red, yellow, green.
The problem is that wasn' t solved, so I don't know the initial arragement of colors. I haven' t any previous experience but from information and tutorials I've found I'm in the stage that the centers are solved. At this stage I have black senter opposite to red, green center opposite to blue and yello center opposite to orange, but I don't know if I've put them right.
So is there any way to know for sure, and how?
dancaer69

Re: Help to find opposite colors

Postby borginator2 » Tue May 14, 2013 8:09 am

The best thing I can think of is to find the corners with one colour on them, say black. Then look which colour is missing,

If it was black replacing white and the rest was as a standard cube, you'd find black corners with red & blue, blue & orange, orange & green, and green & red.

Yellow would be missing, so it must be opposite black. You could also say as you had black with red & blue, and red & green, green and blue must also be opposite. This would leave the last 2 colours (orange and red) being opposite.

After that, looking at one corner should help you place the rest. So clockwise, it'd be black on top, then blue then red.

This is only true if your cube has black instead of white on a standard cube layout. If your layout is different, then you'll have to use this method to work it all out. I hope it helps.
Please take off topic discussion off this forum. Thanks.
borginator2

Postby dancaer69 » Tue May 14, 2013 8:45 am

I'm very new at this, so is a bit confusing.
I took some photos of the side in wich I have 3 black corners and the 4th has black also, but the blue side of that cubic is in the same side as the other black corners.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3qu7t9uj98nga4m/1jd1Iifxib

I think that the colors are lice the standard arrangement but I'm not sure. Can the pictures help you to understand better?
dancaer69

Postby borginator2 » Tue May 14, 2013 5:16 pm

From your pictures, it is exactly as I described - Standard rubiks colours and layout, with black substituted for white)

Use my 4x4 guide in the solutions guide if you need help. Just remember, when I say white, you look for black instead.
borginator2

Postby dancaer69 » Tue May 14, 2013 5:36 pm

Thanks, you've right. I've found the model and a video on youtube so I figure it out myself also(was a little hard because I couldn't see all sides, but this post is another confirmation).
I will try what you suggested.
Thanks again.
dancaer69

Postby borginator2 » Wed May 15, 2013 7:29 am

No problem. Good luck. :D
borginator2

Return to General Rubik's Discussion