mirror magic cube sticker problem!

General discussions and topics

mirror magic cube sticker problem!

Postby roygbiv » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:14 am

hello! this is my first post here and this problem has been driving me crazy... sorry if this question has been posted before, I couldn't find anyone with my specific problem. also if this is posted in the wrong section I will gladly delete this and repost it.

for those who are familiar with the mirror magic cube (I have the shengshou brand) the stickers on each face are grained in a way that all line up except for two centers. my friends told me that means I have it solved wrong...but thats impossible! no other piece would work anywhere else...

a friend of mine (who doesn't know how to solve cubes but really loved my shengshou cube) bought the same 3x3 magic cube and he said when he took it out of the box all of the sticker grains lined up! (he was the one who pointed it out to me on mine after i had solved mine that the grains didn't line up) I should have been paying attention because i mixed his new cube up (that had never been mixed up and solved), then I solved it, and the grains didn't line up!

I dont know if I"m going totally insane or not...is it possible that theres another way to solve it so that it lines up? when solving the mirror magic cube it seems almost more obvious that every piece has a specific place...because if its wrong it sticks out.

anyway i hope i articulated this in a way somebody understands. am i crazy?
roygbiv

Re: mirror magic cube sticker problem!

Postby borginator2 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:07 am

A picture would really help here...
Please take off topic discussion off this forum. Thanks.
borginator2

Postby roygbiv » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:51 am

I guess really my problem is figuring out the best super cube algorithm to rotate two centers..I've tried several and they dont seem to work.
roygbiv

Postby borginator2 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:35 am

Try the ones from here...

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5149
Please take off topic discussion off this forum. Thanks.
borginator2

Postby Zeotor » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:41 pm

What happened is possible. See this video for proof.

Also, you could take the center caps off and put them on correctly. Now that it's solved, any situation that you get is valid. If you solve it again, and everything is correct except for the centers, you know that it is something that can happen.
Zeotor

Return to General Rubik's Discussion