Just Got The 'ShengShou Aurora'... Any Opinions of It?

Discussion about methods, times, and all things related to solving the Rubik's brand products.

Just Got The 'ShengShou Aurora'... Any Opinions of It?

Postby QuadroMan1 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:03 pm

Being someone who only knew the standard Rubik's Cube you'd expect to find in a toy store, I find the Aurora AMAZING. Although on the level of professional cubes, how does it compare? My fastest time with the standard was 1:41 but I wasn't using F2L when I got that time. I haven't timed myself with the Aurora because I'm still getting used to F2L.
QuadroMan1

Re: Just Got The 'ShengShou Aurora'... Any Opinions of It?

Postby Sharkretriver » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:26 pm

Shengshou's sold in a toy store? All the stores I went to only sell Rubik's. -_-
I consider any DIY cube brand "professional", although some are outdated, such as Cube4you DIY. That's my opinion. (I don't really compare cubes in general)
lol, here to help ^_~
Sharkretriver

Postby QuadroMan1 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:43 pm

Sharkretriver wrote:Shengshou's sold in a toy store? All the stores I went to only sell Rubik's. -_-
I consider any DIY cube brand "professional", although some are outdated, such as Cube4you DIY. That's my opinion. (I don't really compare cubes in general)

I meant as in I always owned the toy store version, I just got the Aurora today. It feels right for me, I'm already having trouble getting used to it, if there's a better one for when I get better... Well 9 to 15 bucks isn't all that hard to come by.
QuadroMan1

Postby Zeotor » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:02 am

QuadroMan1 wrote:Although on the level of professional cubes, how does it compare?

It is a cube that is as good as a "professional" cube. It can turn much faster than a Rubik's brand cube. Also, the layers don't have to be as aligned as much as a Rubik's 3x3 for it to turn. For a good review of it, look for the one made by "cyoubx" on YouTube.
Zeotor

Postby isaganiesteron » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:01 am

The Shengshou Aurora is a great speed cube not only for faster speed cubers but also for beginners.
It's main strength is it's super smooth turning. It handles corner cutting and pops very well too.
Check out www.bestspeedcube.com and discover the best speed cube for you.
isaganiesteron

Return to Speedcubing