How can I learn intuitive f2l?

Discussion about methods, times, and all things related to solving the Rubik's brand products.

How can I learn intuitive f2l?

Postby XelaCuber » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:38 pm

I've been able to solve the cube for awhile and I finally decided to start learning f2l to improve my times. As of right now, I can solve the cube about 1:30 average using the Beginners Method. So far, I haven't memorized any algorithms because I want to do it intuitively, but doing that I lack lookahead ENTIRELY. Also, I can solve it f2l, but it seems super slow, and I think my cube moves are more like 10+ movements per corner/edge rather than about 7. When I look at algorithms, they tend to confuse me a bit. Should I solve them with algorithms or intuitively to learn f2l? Other f2l learning tips?

On one more side note, I learned the start with the green side, however most people start with white side. Should I re-learn with white side so tutorials apply better to me, or stick with what I know better (green side)?
XelaCuber

Re: How can I learn intuitive f2l?

Postby Jemusu » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:04 am

If you want to learn it quickly and easier I would go with re learning with the white side as it is what basically every guy shows. Just my opinion though.
Jemusu

Postby Sharkretriver » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:39 pm

7 per slot is average, and so is 10. It kind of depends on the case. Just don't worry about the time for now and try to minimize your moves first. Start worry more about the time after you think you have many cases optimised.
If you're that familiar with the green side, you can definitely keep using it.

I suggest starting to learn algF2L (the 41 algs) after you're about sub-30. When you're sub-40 or sub-50, you can watch some youtube tip videos, which show you the most important algs that can help speed up your f2l.
lol, here to help ^_~
Sharkretriver

Postby XelaCuber » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:18 am

That is exactly the question I was asking! Thanks!
XelaCuber

Return to Speedcubing