Skipping the Final step o.O..?

Discussion about methods, times, and all things related to solving the Rubik's brand products.

Skipping the Final step o.O..?

Postby Jemusu » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:02 am

So, I basically just started learning how to solve a basic 3x3 today and finally have all the steps down pat and memorized, except the last algorithm seemed slightly long for me to memorize, but I found that if you do the algorithm in the first section of step 6 ( http://www.rubiks.com/solving-center/3x ... stage6.php ) 3 times, it solves the cube and does NOT require the last algorithm, I thought it was just a fluke (LOL), So i did this several times and found each time it was solved. so basically, you do the step, backtrap the step, then do it again and it solves. Not sure if anyone ever noticed this. but its quite interesting to me lol.
Jemusu

Re: Skipping the Final step o.O..?

Postby Sharkretriver » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:43 pm

That's not a skip you found, but a shortcut. Congrats! Use it to your full advantage. That alg in the second section can also be reversed.
(Of course, you can do this entire step in 1 alg if you memo 21, but that's once you become fast :D Actually skipping that last step would require a heck lot of algs)
lol, here to help ^_~
Sharkretriver

Return to Speedcubing