Finger Tricks

Discussion about methods, times, and all things related to solving the Rubik's brand products.

Finger Tricks

Postby CubeFan » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:00 am

My apologies for my bad english, i' m 13 years old and i' m dutch.

Ok, i learned how to solve the rubik' s cube, buyed a dayan cube, now i' m trying to lean more moves. I learned layer by layer method, oll, little bit pll, and i' m busy with F2l. I also learned finger tricks, but i can' t turn fast. I tried many things but don' t know what to do, because it won' t work :?: My record is 52 seconds and i know i can better, but it just don' t work :!: Answers will be appreciated :D Greetings from the Netherlands.
CubeFan

Re: Finger Tricks

Postby Sharkretriver » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:42 am

It's good if you get the basic concepts of finger tricks like which finger(s) to use (which could be which finger is most comfortable)
There are two ways to improve the speed of your finger tricks:
1. Drilling algs
You can just keep doing the alg over and over again until it becomes really fast, but I recommend...

2. Get general solve time faster
Just become more familiar with lookahead and other methods and as soon as your time goes down, all the practice needed to do that might cause your fingertricks to go faster at the same time.

I use method #1 above whenever I have an alg that seems to take longer to execute than the others in general.
lol, here to help ^_~
Sharkretriver

Postby CubeFan » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:56 pm

But, sometimes you need to turn front clockwise and then up counter-clockwise, so i need to use 1 finger 2 times.. how can it go fast like that way?
CubeFan

Postby Sharkretriver » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:37 am

CubeFan wrote:But, sometimes you need to turn front clockwise and then up counter-clockwise, so i need to use 1 finger 2 times.. how can it go fast like that way?

F U'
F: right index
U': left index

F U
F: left thumb
U: right index (or right index left index)
lol, here to help ^_~
Sharkretriver

Postby Ry7n_0 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:31 am

CubeFan wrote:But, sometimes you need to turn front clockwise and then up counter-clockwise, so i need to use 1 finger 2 times.. how can it go fast like that way?

For Fi or F I just turn my cube so the front would be the right side. It is faster for me.
Maybe I will fail. Hopefully not.
Ry7n_0

Postby Ry7n_0 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:25 pm

I always turn the up face with my pointer fingers which improves my time by a ton.
Maybe I will fail. Hopefully not.
Ry7n_0

Return to Speedcubing