3x3

Discuss solutions, provide links to sites with solutions

3x3

Postby emnjns » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:53 am

I have got the bottom layers solved and now i am just at the corner pieces for the top. I am told that you are supposed to get 0 1 or all 4 to be on the correct side but for some reason i am getting 2 that are on the right side and two on the wrong side. I use the u,r,u',l'.u,r'.u'.l but i keep getting two unsolved sides. the thing that bothers me the most is I have solved it a few times using this method and it worked with out a problem and just today it doesnt anymore. It has never been taken apart so i really just dont know whats going on.

Admin note: I've edited the picture. That one was just massive. Please try and keep pictures below 700x700. Thanks
Attachments
picture026.jpg
picture026.jpg (111.53 KiB) Viewed 410 times
emnjns

Re: 3x3

Postby borginator2 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:40 am

Chameleon case. Look at this page (2nd to last case shown):

http://cubefreak.weebly.com/2-look-oll.html
Please take off topic discussion off this forum. Thanks.
borginator2

Re: 3x3

Postby Zeotor » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:11 pm

emnjns wrote:I use the u,r,u',l'.u,r'.u'.l but i keep getting two unsolved sides.

If you're just trying to get the top all one color, the following will work.

With blue on top, turn the top layer so that the two unsolved corners are on the bottom. (From the picture that you posted, that would be doing a U turn.) Do the moves that you gave - U R U' L' U R' U' L - once. Then, do a U turn and do those moves two more times.

This uses the sequence that you gave. If you don't want to use only that, the solution that borginator2 gave will work faster and with less moves.
Zeotor

Return to Solutions