Where can i buy the new designed 3x3 with the new mechanism?

General discussions and topics

Where can i buy the new designed 3x3 with the new mechanism?

Postby illuminatiNPS » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:02 pm

I just ordered a 2x2 on amazon and it came. It is the new design with the tiles instead of stickers. I can't find where you can buy the new 3x3 with the new mechanism like they show on the video in the home page. Can anyone point be in the right direction? Im sure this has been asked a bunch. Please help...!! Thanx
illuminatiNPS

Re: Where can i buy the new designed 3x3 with the new mechan

Postby borginator2 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:10 pm

Do you mean the tiled version or the tiled adjustable speedcube?

I have a couple of each (but not for sale or trade, sorry), but I don't think they've been released yet.
Please take off topic discussion off this forum. Thanks.
borginator2

Postby illuminatiNPS » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:02 pm

Borginator, I'm talking about the new Rubks brand cube on the video that plays on the homepage. It shows the new internal mechanism and the tiles instead of stickers. Im wondering where you can buy them. www.rubikcube.jp says it was released in FEB 2013 as Rubiks Cube ver 2.0, but i can't fins any in the USA or on any web site. Do you know where i can buy one??
illuminatiNPS

Postby borginator2 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:17 pm

I'm pretty sure I'm talking about that as well. I have 4 tiled rubiks cubes, two with speedcube mechs, two without. As far as I know they're not out yet. I even did a quick review of them here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNCamXR_9H8
borginator2

Postby NanoSurfer » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:26 pm

Hey Guys

My first post here :)

Firstly I am a BIG fan of the Rubik's cube (3x3) but I haven't cubed for about the last 2 years and a week ago, I happened to stroll down the toys isle in our regular supermarket store and saw the new design rubiks cube!! I was totally surprised because I didn't even know that they were releasing a new designed cube. The price was pretty much the same as what I paid 2 years ago so I ended up buying it at once! But here's the thing, I am from South Africa and to see the new cube here has pretty much amazed me considering the fact that there is basically little, to none information about it on the internet???? Apart from the clip on the homepage here.

I am surprised just how little information there is on it and especially the fact that it can be purchased here in SA already. My view on it? Well to be honest I have to say that this by far the best rubik's brand (store bought) cube I have ever used in my entire life!! It is super smooth (well it was tight in the beginning but it is starting to loosen up now after playing extensively with it) and it cuts corners better than the old designed cube could ever dream of and best of all, no more stickers! I am a little surprised though that it has taken Rubi'ks (or 7 towns) so long to finally start using tiles instead of stickers because quite frankly, and lets be honest here, the stickers were crap. All my previous rubik's branded cubes stickers have all been damaged after a few months or so. I guess cost was also a factor though to be fair on the company. But the new ball core is truly a huge step away for the rubi'ks (branded) cube as I don't think the design has changed at all in the last 30 or so years. My only gripe with this cube is that there seems to be no way to take it apart (old trick by twisting 45 deg and pulling out edge piece doesn't cut it with this cube) in order to lube it, so I ended up just spraying a bit of silicone in it by prying it apart gently.

Why is there so little info on it and why can it be purchased in South Africa already??

PS: This new cube has brought out my hunger for cubing again which has led me to purchase the Dayan Zhanchi as well :D :lol:
NanoSurfer

Postby illuminatiNPS » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:27 pm

hey Borginator,

Here is a picture of the model i just picked up on ebay. I got it from India. Clearly shows tiles and obviously the new mechanism due to the packinging claiming faster speed.
$T2eC16d,!zkFJK97jI)PBSVvHW!y)Q~~60_3.JPG
$T2eC16d,!zkFJK97jI)PBSVvHW!y)Q~~60_3.JPG (24.38 KiB) Viewed 2003 times
illuminatiNPS

Postby borginator2 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:24 pm

Excellent. It's similar in appearance to my non-adjustable versions. My adjustable ones work better though.
borginator2

Postby illuminatiNPS » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:17 am

Is there any good links for learning how to adjust?? I'm getting the Dayan Zhanchi Stickerless soon. Im not a speedcuber yet. I have a regular Rubks 3x3 and the fastest Ive done is 3:27 and 45 sec on my 2x2. My goal is to get to 60 seconds
illuminatiNPS

Postby Zeotor » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:57 am

illuminatiNPS wrote:Is there any good links for learning how to adjust?? I'm getting the Dayan Zhanchi Stickerless soon.

The post here and the next one give methods that work well. For the DaYan ZhanChi specifically, I think that this method will work better than those other two. This is because it is a method that is designed only for a specific type of puzzle: most DaYan 3x3x3s.

illuminatiNPS wrote:Im not a speedcuber yet. I have a regular Rubks 3x3 and the fastest Ive done is 3:27 and 45 sec on my 2x2.

Based on the definition of a speedcuber from this video, which I agree with, you are a speedcuber. :)
Zeotor

Return to General Rubik's Discussion