Is it necessary to lube a dayan zhanchi?

Discussion about methods, times, and all things related to solving the Rubik's brand products.

Is it necessary to lube a dayan zhanchi?

Postby glitterycubes » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:45 pm

I just got my zhanchi a few days ago and it came with pretty loose and comfortable tensions. It turns fast enough for me. My question is is it necessary to lube the zhanchi with silicon spray? or should i just lube it when the turning gets bad? does the lube make that much of a significant difference in the turning quality and speed? idk but someone told me that lubing a zhanchi with silicon damages the cube. is this true?
glitterycubes

Re: Is it necessary to lube a dayan zhanchi?

Postby Sharkretriver » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:23 pm

Imo silicone spray doesn't damage the cube too much; it's more good than bad. Vaseline, on the other hand, is the opposite.
If you think it turns fast enough, you don't have to lube it.
lol, here to help ^_~
Sharkretriver

Postby isaganiesteron » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:30 pm

not lubing a zanchi is just fine, it might even break it in faster. although when you get used to your zanchi with no lube and then lube it, you might have problems with over turning and turning control. so if you ever plan to lube your zanchi in the future, which I think you would, go ahead and lube it now so you would get used to the feeling right away.
Check out www.bestspeedcube.com and discover the best speed cube for you.
isaganiesteron

Postby KingTrap2 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:22 am

Its probably better to lube it but you don't have to lube it if you aren't too much into speedcubing. If you want to lube it, I would reccomend lubix lube
KingTrap2

Return to Speedcubing