Cube recommendations needed!

Discussion about methods, times, and all things related to solving the Rubik's brand products.

Cube recommendations needed!

Postby jungk33t » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:11 pm

Preferably light cubes and not heavy ones. I also like cubes that turn smoothly and have little popping issue. I average around 28 seconds, still in the process of perfecting F2L and look ahead. I just moved abroad for study and I forgot to bring along with me my cube so I need a new one. My previous cube was a really cheap cube, I don't remember the brand but it's light and turns quite smoothly.

I have seen some reviews on the ShengShou Wind/Aurora and both seemed pretty good.

Anyway if any of you guys could give me some recommendations that will be great. Thanks!
jungk33t

Re: Cube recommendations needed!

Postby Zeotor » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:07 am

The turning on the DaYan ZhanChi is light. It turns smoothly, with only a slight clicky feeling. Also, it rarely pops, especially when the cube's tensions are on the tighter side.

The ShengShou Aurora is a better choice than the ShengShou Wind (in my opinion) That's because the layers of the Aurora don't have to be aligned as much as they do on the Wind when you turn the puzzle. It can pop on normal tensions.

I think that the DaYan ZhanChi would be a good choice for you. You can watch some reviews about it on YouTube to get others' opinions.
Zeotor

Return to Speedcubing