Stickerless Dayan GuHong

Discussion about methods, times, and all things related to solving the Rubik's brand products.

Re: Stickerless Dayan GuHong

Postby Vibbmaster » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:53 pm

How does this cube feel? I only have a orginal rubiks cube atm that i bought in the store. I heared a guy on youtube that said the dayan guhong colored felt cheap, is this true?
Vibbmaster

Postby borginator2 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:29 pm

I have lots of different cubes atm. My main speedcube is a diyan guhong. They are very good cubes. Very fast. Where they have a problem is that they do pop more often than my other speedcubes, but I think that is a small price to pay for the vast speed difference they give.

The other problem they have is with the stickerless ones only. They are illegal in competitions. If you're not planning on entering it's no problem. If you are, however, it means you'll have to get one of the single colour ones and use either stickers or tiles. I use a white one with a set of Rubik's stickers.
Please take off topic discussion off this forum. Thanks.
borginator2

Postby Zeotor » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:25 am

I have a colored DaYan GuHong and I wouldn't say that it feels cheap. The cube's weight is noticeably lighter than a Rubik's cube and the turning feels lighter as well. These things may make it feel less durable to some people, but it doesn't feel like it's going to break.
Zeotor

Postby Unicorn » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:51 pm

It's decently fragile. It has a more smooth feel to it...
HeLlOCuBeRs!!!!
Unicorn

Postby speedcuber4221 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:40 pm

Putting the stickers on won't change anything. If you turn the back face you can still see the colors on the side.
Your cube is calling for you.
speedcuber4221

Postby armaangoel78 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:35 am

if you want to make stickerless cube legal die it black then put on stickers, bur it is easier to just buy one that is black'
kind of sad cuz stickerless cubes are so nice
uv bin cubed!
armaangoel78

Postby armaangoel78 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:39 am

Zeotor wrote:I have a colored DaYan GuHong and I wouldn't say that it feels cheap. The cube's weight is noticeably lighter than a Rubik's cube and the turning feels lighter as well. These things may make it feel less durable to some people, but it doesn't feel like it's going to break.

rubiks cubes are VERY pop resistant because the peices are just blocksImage
but that doesnt make it more durable
uv bin cubed!
armaangoel78

Previous

Return to Speedcubing