Speedcube Corner Cutting Brand?

Discussion about methods, times, and all things related to solving the Rubik's brand products.

Speedcube Corner Cutting Brand?

Postby RubiksCubeNerd5 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:49 pm

Hello everyone, I have a question.

I've been cubing for about two months now and I've realized that my solve times are slower than they could be because my cube doesn't reverse corner cut. Do you guys know of any brands that do reverse corner cut (the only one I know of is the Stickerless Gans III)?

Thanks!
If (2x+5y)/8! = (7x)pi - 19y, am I a math geek?
RubiksCubeNerd5

Re: Speedcube Corner Cutting Brand?

Postby Zeotor » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:03 am

I could list more than thirty names of cubes that can reverse corner cut. However, I'm not going to do that since the is the Rubik's forum. (I think that I'd go beyond the limits of what I can and can't mention here.)

So, I'll only mention two. You can see examples of the following puzzles' reverse corner cutting in reviews on YouTube. (Those reviews will cover other aspects of the puzzles too.)

- DaYan ZhanChi
- MoYu WeiLong
Zeotor

Postby RubiksCubeNerd5 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:07 pm

Ok thanks, but...

which one (in your opinion) corner cuts the best?

I Google Image searched all of the ones I know (including the options you gave me) and they all really look like they wouldn't corner cut any different than the one next to it. I'm a noob when it comes to this, so forgive me if the answer to this question is really obvious.
If (2x+5y)/8! = (7x)pi - 19y, am I a math geek?
RubiksCubeNerd5

Postby borginator2 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:02 am

Personally, I have no problem with mentioning rival brands. It's links to shops selling them I would draw the line at.

My favourites are the new Rubik's tiles speedcube and my guhong 2 is my second favourite.
Please take off topic discussion off this forum. Thanks.
borginator2

Postby Zeotor » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:28 am

RubiksCubeNerd5 wrote:which one (in your opinion) corner cuts the best?

The MoYu WeiLong does. The following pictures show how well it can corner cut and reverse corner cut.

Turning the right layer counter-clockwise - it won't catch or get stuck doing this. This is an example of corner cutting.

Turning the right layer clockwise - it won't catch or get stuck doing this. This is an example of reverse corner cutting.

By the way, how a puzzle is tensioned (how tight or loose the screws are) can change how well it corner cuts and reverse corner cuts. So if you were to get a MoYu WeiLong, it might not perform as well in those areas as someone else's when you first get it.
Zeotor

Postby Ry7n_0 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:28 pm

I use the Rubik's brand one. If you turn fast, it will cut corners really well.
Maybe I will fail. Hopefully not.
Ry7n_0

Return to Speedcubing