Blindsolving Memorization

Discussion about methods, times, and all things related to solving the Rubik's brand products.

Blindsolving Memorization

Postby RubiksCubeNerd5 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:52 am

Hi all, I have a question.

I'm trying to learn how to blindsolve. I get the concept and am able to solve the cube with the method I use (Classic Pochman), but I have trouble memorizing the edges and corners to solve the cube. I watched a YouTube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjWMo3cCH1E) that stevenarducci explained a method where each edge sticker represents a letter and each corner represents a three-digit number, but that seems too complicated for me to learn. I've also tried badmephisto's Story Method, but that is also ineffective for me. Does anyone have a way of memorizing the cube pieces?

Thanks to everyone who answers! :D
If (2x+5y)/8! = (7x)pi - 19y, am I a math geek?
RubiksCubeNerd5

Re: Blindsolving Memorization

Postby Zeotor » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:53 am

Assign a letter to each corner sticker and a letter to each edge sticker. You can use the Speffz scheme if you want (in the wiki). Then learn to take any pair of two letters and make a word out of it. And then make sentences/images/stories with those words.

That was copied from here, and I added the link. The person who posted that also made a video about memorization. That video is part of his five part series on how to solve a Rubik's cube blindfolded.
Zeotor

Return to Speedcubing